Almost every career path requires knowledge of business tools, processes and procedures.
The subject begins in Year 9 with a general introduction to small business computer software that is used extensively in the business world.
Small Business Applications
Students will develop knowledge regarding online presence, learn to build web pages and participate in a package design competition.
Business Enterprise and Management
- ESSI Money Financial Literacy Game - Sponsored by the Bank of Queensland
- CPA Business Plan Competition - sponsored by Chartered Practising Accountants of Australia
- Lumen Market Day
In Year 10 students can study Business Management and/or Business Finance, which can lead on to the upper school courses of study of Business Management and Enterprise, and Accounting and Finance as separate subjects for WACE. Business is an area of study that will provide employment opportunities and in recent years has been identified as a growth area within Western Australia.
Business Management and Enterprise
This course helps students to develop practical skills as well as knowledge and understanding of business activity by focusing on innovation, initiative and entrepreneurship. Course content ranges from the many facets of business to opportunities and issues faced by national and international business. This course uses real businesses and scenarios to develop financial and business literacy, whilst at the same time enhancing interpersonal and intra-personal skills.
- Australian Business Week (ABW) Enterprising Education - hospitality and manufacturing game
- BEWA State Exams
- Business Excursion
Accounting and Finance
The course focuses on financial literacy and aims to provide students with a range of skills that enable them to make sound financial judgments. Students will develop an understanding of the fundamental principles upon which accounting and financial management is based through the preparation, examination and analysis of financial documents and systems.
- Meet the Business Leader Day - sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Cadetship Evening - sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Accounting Student Challenge - sponsored by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- BEWA State Exams