Sports Captains Criteria:
Acknowledges a student who;
- Sets an example of enthusiasm, dedication, participation and leadership in House activities, events and functions, assemblies and liturgies and in so doing, is a Light for others.
- Liaises with and supports the Sports Coordinator in the promotion of events/activities; and enlisting the positive involvement of students in their chosen sport.
- Assists with the organisation and promotion of the Inter-House and Inter-School Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics carnivals through liaising with PE Staff, Sport Coordinator, Homeroom Staff and students.
- Represents the Physical Education Department/College at functions within and outside of the school. eg; present at school assemblies.
- Performs the required leadership role at Interschool events.
- Displays respect for the Catholic ethos of the College.
- Demonstrates support and passion for College Sport and, in particular, demonstrates a passion for their chosen sporting discipline/s.
- Demonstrates leadership in their chosen sporting discipline/s.
- Maintains a “Sporting Profile” in the College.
- Consistently demonstrates they are prepared, organised and can be relied upon to complete set tasks.
- Consistently achieves to the best of their ability and, in so doing, is a Light of Excellence and a Light of Example to others.
- Perseveres with tasks, especially problem solving; does not give up when things get difficult; shows initiative, stays engaged and is confident enough to take risks.
- Displays an excellent rapport with peers, staff and parents.
- Consistently demonstrates a genuine willingness to help other and, in so doing, is a Light Welcome to others.